The SSI Boat Diver Course
Whether you've never made a boat dive or you've logged dozens, the Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver. There are dozens of different boats around the world that you maybe diving from and all have something unique about them.
The Fun Part
Diving from a boat is fun, especially when you look at ease when maneuvering around on it. It is fun to know what you are doing, have a sense of what a boat should be doing and what you need to make that operation successful. While others may stand around lost, you will be stowing your gear, admiring the running gear and waiting for the boat to cast off and begin the next adventure.
What You Learn
Learn tips, tricks and ways to;
* Dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant live-aboards
* Learn how they differ from place to place
* Gain Experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
* Safely enter and exit the water
* Learn why it is better sometimes to hand up gear to the crew
* Or learn when it is better to just take off fins and weights then climb up the ladder
* Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
* Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives
* Locate basic boat safety equipment
You must be 10 years or older
Open Water Diver or qualifying rating from recognized certifying agency
Boat Diver Manual and DVD
Basic Scuba gear
To purchase learning materials and equipment come into Goose's Scuba Shack. We will answer questions about what you need for this course and others. We are committed to your diving knowledge.
Your Next Adventure
Diving from boats let you get to dive sites that otherwise would have been completely out of your reach. Any certified diver can complete the Boat Diver course, which can help you reach one of the ultimate goals, the coveted Master Diver rating.